Sunday, May 3, 2009

The News SUCKS!!

The more I watch the news the more I realize that it SUCKS! Now let me clarify myself more maturely. I have noticed a steady decline in the quality of the stories that major new channels are reporting on. They basically are just reporting on "SCARE-stories" that make people want to pack their belongings and run for the hills. Ever wonder why we are now seeing so many anti-depressant drugs being advertised on TV? There is always some silly story on the news like: Why living in the city is KILLING you, What foods may be DANGEROUS to your health or Why driving is DEADLIER than ever?

Don't even get me started on this whole "Swine Flu" thing that has people walking around wearing surgical masks!

Although there may be truth to some of these stories, who wants to hear this every single day? Why not report on people or organizations from our area, nation or even worldwide that are doing something positive. Don't tell me that Oprah has completely cornered the market on positive and motivational stories! News stations need to get back to reporting NEWS-WORTHY stories again. I challenge you to watch the news today, and keep track of the amount of negative stories to positive stories. You will be surprised at the enormous disparity between the two. [end of rant]

No comments:

Post a Comment